Hi, there beauty lovers!
I hope you have all been enjoying your Easter Bank holiday weekend, I cannot believe how fast it has gone! I have spent most of it working on improving my blog so I have not posted anything new until now! This post took some preparation but I have been wanting to write it for ages!
If you have not heard of or used Makeup Geek eyeshadow before you’re really missing out! I had not heard of the brand myself until about 18 months ago but I am so glad I did because it is now one of my staple brands to follow and buy from.
Makeup Geek has been producing quality makeup and brushes for a while now and everything I have bought has been excellent. They have also launched lip products which I am going to purchase as soon as I can! As far as the eyeshadow is concerned though, it is second to none for pigmentation, texture, colour range and affordability.
As someone who loves to experiment with eye looks (check out my Instagram and Pinterest feeds and you’ll see for yourself!), once I knew how extensive the Makeup Geek range was I had to start collecting the pans!
This is my current collection:
I have tried to amass a good selection from each colour group and I have used almost every colour! My collection includes a mixture of all the different Makeup Geek eyeshadow finishes – matte, foiled and duochrome. Regardless of the finish you use, the colour payoff is exceptional as is the durability.
Now for the fun part! I took swatches of every single colour in my collection for all of you to see! I also listed the names of each eyeshadow pan next to the swatch so you can pick the colours you really like and might want to buy:
Hopefully, you can see how amazing the colours and pigmentation are – on my eyes, the colours are even more intense.
So, what are the 5 things I love about Makeup Geek?
- The colour range – I am a colour magnet and love everything multicoloured so for me Makeup Geek is heaven! I can be as muted or as bright and crazy as I want and I know that every single pan will be good quality and will look beautiful after application. There is also very little fallout from most of the pans although some of the more shimmery shades will have a nominal amount when you build them up. What is great is that the brand caters for all tastes – if you’re like me there are some amazing bright colours you can work with but if you’re a more natural neutral loving addict there are just as many paler, more subtle shades to experiment with.
- The finishes – Makeup Geek does three different eyeshadow finishes, which are matte, foiled and duochrome. All three result in great makeup looks and they all work well together too so you can create multidimensional effects and add real depth to your look. Having tried other brands for foiled and duochrome style eyeshadows, in particular, I would still say Makeup Geek is the best.
- The pigmentation – I cannot shout about this enough! Whilst there are now some brands that could compete with Makeup Geek on this point when I started my collection they were hardly any that could compare. Even now not many brands have nailed high-quality pigmentation on all finishes. I have yet to use a shade from my collection that does not give colour pay off and not only that, the colour intensity does not fade during the day. They are also intense enough to use as eyeliners!
- The texture – every Makeup Geek eyeshadow feels smooth and buttery to the touch. They are not chalky or dry in any way and you can easily dent one with the tip of your finger if you’re not careful! I actually broke one of my pans accidentally and had to put it back together using rubbing alcohol but this did not in any way affect the quality of the eyeshadow or the texture or colour intensity. Because they are so soft and creamy they are a dream to work with and blending them is so easy. Once applied they also stay in place and don’t melt into one another or slide over the eye due to the weather or the natural oils on the eyelid. As we approach Summer, this is a definite bonus!
- The affordability – I have looked at other brands that cater for individual eyeshadow pans, such as Anastasia Beverley Hills, and I have to say I find Makeup Geek to be the most affordable. You can order them from Makeup Geek direct, which is what I do, and even with shipping, it is still very reasonably priced. There are some UK stores that sell them too but they work out more expensive than the actual store. You can also order the pans in sets on the main website so it is more like a palette. I personally love the ability to pick the specific colours I want without paying over the odds for that option.
I hope this post gives you a flavour of the Makeup Geek brand! Definitely have a look at the website because there are so many other great products you can buy, from eyeliners, pigments, glitters right through to lipsticks and highlighters. The brand is cruelty and paraben free as well which I know will appeal to many people now. The other thing I love about the website is that they have an education section and video tutorials so you can learn tips and tricks to improve your makeup artistry!
Thanks for reading lovelies, ask any questions you have below and feel free to share and like! Enjoy what’s left of the Easter weekend!