Hi there fellow beauty fans!
I am so sorry I have not posted for a few weeks, between my day job and all the lovely things I am about to tell you about, I have had very little time to focus on writing! But, as much as I hate not posting every week, I am really happy to be sharing what I have been up to which will hopefully explain the delay!
This post is going to be different to other posts, in that its going to be a whistle-stop tour of everything that has been happening in my blogging journey so far and particularly in the last few weeks! There will be a few links to check out, (which are not affiliate links) and I hope you’ll click on them and see where my time and effort has been going.
So, the last time I posted was mid May, after I had reviewed a whole range of lovely Body Shop products! I hope you all enjoyed that post as much as I enjoyed writing it – if you didn’t read it you can check it out here. Since then, I have had so many things going on I don’t even know where to start! Here goes:
- I am really proud to say I have become a contributor to the blog ReallyRee! This blog is huge in the beauty blogging world and I have subscribed to it for a while but never did I think when I started blogging, that I would be able to contribute to it myself! I contacted the blog in the hope that I would be able to learn some valuable information about beauty blogging and was then invited to submit a blog to them to decide whether I was contributor material….and I was! So far I have submitted two posts, one is already live and one is soon to be! You can check out my first post about Lilly Lashes here.
- On top of that, I have also been invited to blog regularly for a digital magazine called Greenide! I was approached by the magazine through Instagram and like ReallyRee, they asked me to prepare a blog for them which then led to me being asked to be a permanent blogger for them! I have written a few posts for them already, which I have listed below so you can have a read! They are also looking for bloggers generally to contribute to the magazine so if any of you are bloggers and would like more exposure leave a comment on this post and I will put you in touch with my contact! Here are my posts – The Little Known Box, The Blackhead Suction Remover, My Weekend Beauty Haul, Brand Focus: Charlotte Tilbury and The Glossy Box.
- Also this month, I was included in the May edition of another digital magazine called Digital Miss! This is a new online magazine that used social media to ask for blog submissions from bloggers which the editors then whittled down to their favourites. Those favourites were then included in the May launch! You can find my post here and the magazine is now looking for June contributors so if you are interested go to the site and apply!
- Through Instagram again, I have been invited to an interview in London regarding my makeup work! The company is called Beauty Royale and they approached me to be one of their first interviewees! I am attending the interview this coming weekend and I am very excited – watch out for my update once I have done it!
- In addition to my blogging developments, I have also been increasing my makeup and hair artistry work, which I am loving! As well as booking individual clients for hair and makeup, most recently, I was asked to be a makeup and hair artist at the Miss Vietnam beauty contest in Birmingham, which was hard work but so much fun and the contestants were all so beautiful but very friendly and down to earth. Here’s a sneak peek of the looks I created, which I will be posting on my Instagram soon!
- If you are a beauty obsessive like me then you may have attended IMATS 2017 and the Beauty UK show – I attended both and they were amazing! I will be writing a separate blog for both shows but I have to say they were both very enjoyable and I bought some gorgeous makeup which I will review in due course! If you have never been to either show you need to, IMATS is not cheap at £45 a ticket but if you are a makeup artist or student you can apply to go for free, and the Beauty UK show is free if you book in advance!
- More locally, Selfridges Birmingham held a beauty haul event for an evening and I was lucky enough to get a ticket! These events happen a handful of times during the year and are always good fun, with demonstrations and makeover opportunities, free canapes and drinks and a goody bag! I bought a few items during the evening which I will review in separate posts but if you have never heard of these events, sign up to Selfridges newsletter and you will then receive an email each time they arrange one! Harvey Nichols also arrange similar evenings – I am waiting to hear about their next one!
- Finally, I have created my own magazine to promote this blog on Flipboard! If you have never heard of Flipboard, it is an online magazine whereby you can design the content of your feed so that it is tailored to your likes and tastes. I did not know until recently that you can also create your own magazine on Flipboard so I decided to try it and also invited some other beauty bloggers to collaborate on it! It was really easy to set up and is another way to promote my blog to a different audience! You can take a look at the magazine here and if any of you are beauty bloggers and would like to be considered as a contributor, leave me a comment on this post with your blog and contact details and I will come back to you!
These are the main things I have been working on but there have been lots of smaller developments as well, such as setting up a domain ready for me to switch from a free to a fully self hosted site in the near future (which will be AllThingsBeauty.co.uk), being offered discounts codes by companies in the beauty and fashion industries such as Mikasa Beauty and Mirina Collections, being invited to Pinterest Group Boards to share my blogs and making contacts with people in the modelling industry to broaden my network and makeup artistry opportunities! Even though I have only been blogging for 5 months I feel like I have been blessed with so many opportunities and I am hoping it is a sign of things to come!
I hope you found this post a fun read and I also hope it inspired you to try new things and look for opportunities wherever you can! I would like to say thanks to all of you for following me and subscribing – I wouldn’t be writing at all if it weren’t for you lovely people supporting me! Do leave me your comments and feel free to share, like and subscribe by email – I will be posting again very soon!