Hi beauty lovers!
I hope you are all well and enjoying the sunshine wherever you are! I have had a non-stop weekend and a hectic week too but its been really exciting – I finally reached 1000 followers on Instagram! I have spent a lot of time cultivating my social media feeds since the start of 2017 and Instagram has been a big focus so to reach my first 1000 felt amazing. I have also been contacted by companies for different opportunities to review products and even film a video review! Filming a video is new to me and will be an interesting challenge but should be fun!
Onto my blog subject for today then, I have mentioned my love of Liz Earle a few times in other blogs and in social media comments so I thought it was about time that I did a blog dedicated to her skin care! I found out about Liz Earle from a male friend whom had been using her hot cloth cleanser for a while and raved about it. I have always been keen to try different skincare brands as my skin whilst not overly sensitive, has sometimes been temperamental and prone to breakouts, so when Liz Earle was recommended to me I thought why not try it? So, I went on her website and found that she did a travel sized pack of her main skincare products, which come in different skin types. I am oily combination so that it what I purchased and since then I have never looked back! I will still test other brands for the purposes of my blog and to keep up to date with innovations but Liz Earle is my go-to skincare brand.
What I love about her ranges is the simplicity of the design and the vast array of skin care options. There is something for every skin type and skin issue and her products are paraben free and contain plant oils and extracts. She is actively against any animal testing or animal ingredients and takes the sourcing of her ingredients very seriously. When you order online, the products come beautifully packaged and there is often a free sample included. As for the quality of the range, it is excellent. After only a few days of using the hot cloth cleanser I noticed how much clearer my skin looked and how soft it was. I have had a massive reduction in the number of breakouts I get since switching to her skincare and when I have tried anything new she has created it’s equally amazing.
So, what do I specifically use and love? Below are my staples from the range:
From left to right:
- Instant Boost Skin Tonic – this is the toner from her range. It can be used across all skin types and is a clear non-perfumed liquid. You only need a small amount on a cotton pad to rub all over your face and it leaves the skin feeling fresh and clean without any tightening or drying effects. The size of the bottle is 200ml which lasts months so you arent’ constantly having to replenish!
- Superskin Moisturiser with Natural Neroli – this moisturiser is gorgeous! It’s a thick indulgent cream that sinks into the skin beautifully, leaving it smooth and soft and very hydrated. You only need a pea sized amount to cover your face and neck and because of the neroli it has a lovely fragrance which lasts hours. I use this moisturiser mainly in the winter months because it is so nourishing for the skin but you can use it all year round and one tub will go a long way.
- Superskin Face Serum – This is another product from the Superskin collection and it is equally brilliant. I love serums and this one is a cream formula rather than a thin liquid or gel which is the more common form serums take. Again, you only need a small amount to cover your face and you only use it in the morning. I use it before applying my moisturiser and more so in the autumn and winter when my skin need an extra boost. It sinks into the skin really well and unlike some serums it does not leave any oil or residue. It does however smooth my skin texture and makes my skin glow!
- Superskin Eye and Lip Treatment – This product is now just an eye cream as Liz Earle has created separate lip products now (which are on my wish list!). This cream is lovely, it is quite rich and thick and you only need a tiny amount to pat under the eye and on the eye lid. It hydrates the skin so well and I have noticed over time that I have very few lines under my eyes and the darkness I used to have has reduced. I have also used it around my lips and it did reduce dryness but I think it is far better as an eye cream. It also lasts ages!
- Smoothing Line Serum – this serum is magic! It is a gel formula and very potent but without any fragrance. It is designed to use at night and not just on the face but on the neck and decolletage. It’s purpose is to plump and firm the skin and I have to say it does do that after using it for a little while. It does have a slightly tacky feel once it is on the skin so it is best used at night on clean skin so that it can sink in overnight. As with the other products, you don’t need much at a time so it will last.
- Skin Repair Light Moisturiser – Oily/Combination – This is my daily moisturiser during the spring and summer months. I use it after the toner and it is much lighter than the Superskin moisturiser, absorbing into the skin in seconds but with no less hydration. It is also fragrance free and lasts a while, especially as I don’t use it all year round.
- Superskin Concentrate for Night – This is a super rich night-time face oil which has a slightly herbal scent when applied. A little goes a long long way and the combination of ingredients relaxes you as you breathe it in. Your skin feels soft and nourished after application and the following morning! I don’t use this every night simply because it is like a pampering treatment for me but it is designed to be used every night all year round.
- Superskin Hand Serum – Now I realise that this is not a face product but it is too good not to include! I often have very dry hands and I have struggled to find any cream that tackles the problem….until this one. This serum/cream is so moisturising that any dry patches I used to have on my hands have disappeared. I tend to use it at night when it can really work on the skin but it can be used all day and only a small amount is needed each time. Definitely one to have in your drawer for winter!
- Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser – only as I was writing this blog did I realise that I did not take a picture of the highlight of the range! Nevertheless I had to of course include the hot cloth cleanser because it is simply exceptional. I have noticed since Liz Earle brought this out, many other brands have created their own version and I can’t say I am surprised because it is genius. The muslin cloth you receive with the cream cleanser is not abrasive on the skin yet gently exfoliates leaving soft, clean and radiant skin every time. You receive a muslin cloth every time you buy the cleanser too so even though you can wash them, you don’t have to. I can completely understand why this product has won awards because it transformed my skin!
So those are my favourites! Saying that, I have branched out into the hair and body care ranges and they are equally brilliant, but I will save those reviews for another post! If you struggle to find good quality skin care or simply want to try something new, I definitely recommend Liz Earle. She stands for so many good things in the beauty industry and she is British so it feels good to support her brand and help it grow. She also produces makeup too so I will no doubt be testing that in the future!
I hope this blog was helpful and I would love to hear your views on Liz Earle or another brand you love! If you enjoyed reading this post, don’t forget to like and share and as always please follow and subscribe to my blog to keep up with my blogging journey!