Hi there beautylovers,
I hope you’re all well and enjoying Spring! I am sorry that this post has been delayed slightly – I’ve been unwell for the last few days and just didn’t have the energy to sit and write. I am slowly starting to feel better now and really wanted to upload this post to show my appreciation for being nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
I was nominated for this award by Travel Foodie Mom, whose blog is lovely! Thank you so much for the nomination!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
These are the questions I have been asked to answer:
- When did you start blogging?
- How were you inspired to start a blog?
- What is the most valuable thing you’ve learned from blogging?
- What social media platforms can we find you on?
- What do you do to unwind and relax?
- If you were to press play on your playlist, what song would come on?
- Where is your favorite travel location?
- What is your favorite food?
- What quote do you live by?
- If you only had 24 hours left to live, what would you do?
- What is one interesting fact about you that most people may not know about?
Here are my answers!
- I started my blog in January 2017, after a good 12 months of procrastinating about it!
- I never really thought about blogging until one of my friends started one some time ago. This planted the seed and then as I started to follow other blogs I realised it was something I could also do! I have had a growing enthusiasm for makeup and beauty and I love reading other people’s views as well as sharing my own knowledge so I thought blogging would allow me to embrace all three!
- There are so many things I have learnt from starting a blog but if I had to focus on one, it would be the importance of balance between having a great blog and a great life. I love working on my blog and there are so many things I want to progress, especially as I have now recently set up my own self hosted site, but I have also realised that the blogging world can be very consuming and it is easy to forget about the other parts of life that are enjoyable. I have started to make time to relax and take a break from work, blogging and social media so I can just be.
- I am on most social media platforms, although I am sure there are some I have missed! I am on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Facebook, Bloglovin and a few others. All my links can be found here.
- I love to have a glass of red wine and watch a movie or a repeat of Friends or sometimes I like to curl up and read a good book or glossy mag. I also love watching YouTube tutorials!
- Right now the song that would play is Truffle Butter by Nicki Minaj! I love dancing and this song always gets me moving!
- There are 2 places I really love to visit – St Maxime in France and Milan in Italy. Milan especially is a home away from home, I feel safe and relaxed when there and I can’t get enough of the food, sights and shopping!!
- I am such a foodie so this is a really hard question to answer! I love so many dishes but nothing really beats my mother’s lasagna! Its her signature dish and she makes it with lamb instead of beef – it’s delicious!
- I have a few favourite quotes such as carpe diem, hope for the best, plan for the worst, joey(Dips) doesn’t share food! but the one I try to live by the most is appreciate everything and expect nothing. Expectations can be very destructive and are often too high to be met!
- 24 hours is not long but I would want to make sure I saw all my immediate family and my best friend, I would want to speak to my closest friends if I could not see them, I would make sure I told certain people in my life how much I love them and I would watch my favourite movie with my favourite wine and food and my three beautiful cats before watching the sunset.
- I used to be an Indian classical dancer and performed around the UK, on TV and at the Hippodrome!
And now for my nominees! These bloggers share some great insight into their own worlds and always write from the heart about subjects they have a genuine love for! Their website designs and graphics are also brilliant!
- Material Girl
- Thingamabobs and Whatchamicallits
- Kanza’s Beauty Blog
These are the questions for my nominees:
- What inspires you in your life?
- Besides blogging, what do you love to spend time doing?
- If you could meet one person from history who would it be and why?
- What is your idea of heaven?
- Do you have any life regrets and if so what’s your biggest?
- Name three things on your bucket list
- What is your next goal for your blog?
- If you could go back in time and give your younger self life advice what would it be?
- What’s your next travel destination?
- What is your favourite film?
- What is your favourite book?
Looking forward to seeing all your answers! I hope you find this as fun as I have, check out each others blogs and keep supporting one another in this exciting world of blogging!