Hi, there beautiful people!
Sorry, I have been slow in writing a new post, its been a crazy and challenging couple of months – I did not realise self-hosting could be so time-consuming! I’m still developing the new site so bear with me!
That being said, I really wanted to write this post as it is long overdue. A little while ago I received my 5th blogger award nomination for the Blogger Recognition Award! I only started blogging in January 2017 and I’ve already received my 5th award, for which I am very grateful. The lovely blogger that nominated me was Altea Leszczynska and her blog site can be found here. Her site is amazing and her art and photography is beautiful!
The Award Rules
As with all awards, there are rules I have to follow! These are:
- I must thank the blogger who nominated me and provide a link to their blog
- I must write a message to show the award.
- I must write a brief story on how I started my blog
- I must give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- I must select 15 bloggers to pass this award on to
- I must comment on each of their blogs to let them know they have been nominated for this award and provide a link to this post.
I’ve thanked Altea above and definitely recommend you click on the link to her blog!
If you have followed me from the beginning you will know what inspired me to start my blog already but for those of you that aren’t familiar, I deliberated about blogging for some time before I finally bit the bullet and started this year!
My blog started as a pure beauty blog. This stemmed from my love of makeup and the beauty industry, which had grown since I had my wedding makeup done by an exceptional makeup and hair artist. Makeup is like art for me and allows me to be creative in ways my day job as a solicitor does not! Blogging is also another outlet for me and I am still learning so much!
I decided after taking the plunge to self host, that I wanted to share more than just my love for the beauty world. There are so many beautiful things in life and expanding my blog’s niche will allow me to share those things and my feelings about them! My blog will still be focused on makeup and beauty in the main but I will be throwing in lifestyle and spiritual posts along the way too!
advice for new bloggers
Even though I am still a new blogger and learning myself, there are things I can pass on to new bloggers entering this exciting world!
- Don’t feel the need to compare or compete with other bloggers. Everyone has their own message to impart and their own creativity so just be yourself, design your blog the way you want to and don’t be intimidated that other bloggers have massive followings and post all the time! Do what suits you and your style!
- Write posts when you feel inspired. I know that when I have tried to write a post simply because I needed to meet a deadline or schedule it wasn’t my best work. When I wrote posts because I was motivated and excited the words flowed easier and the finished post was well written and engaging! Blogging is supposed to be fun and inspiring as well as a business for some of us so write when you feel you can engage your followers.
I follow so many amazing blogs now it is hard to choose only 15! But, I have narrowed it down the following:
- Island Beauty Junkie – a well designed blog devoted to beauty and skincare
- OLITA – an elegant blog dedicated to everything lovely, from makeup to fashion and lifestyle
- Jay Colby – a truly motivational blog covering various aspects of life
- UGHMANGO – a well rounded lifestyle blog
- Ashley Beth Beauty – a lovely beauty and fashion blog
- Adryana’s Blog – another visually pretty and well written beauty blog
- Hunnyy – a classicly designed but fun beauty blog
- Emily X Online – a beautiful well thought out lifestyle, beauty and fitness blog
- The Emma Edit – a vintage feel lifestyle blog covering, beauty, fashion and recipes
- All Things Glitter – another chic beauty and lifestyle blog
- Jessica Riga – A gorgeous beauty blog with great imagery
- Unboxing Beauty – a blog all about beauty boxes!
- The T Zone – And another fun beauty blog!
- Budding Regardless – An inspiring lifestyle blog
- Faded Rouge – A retro styled all encompassing lifestyle blog
I will make sure each of the lovely bloggers above knows about my nomination and I hope you will check out their blogs because they each offer something unique and interesting! Can’t wait to see their responses to my nomination!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this post! I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments and don’t forget to follow me and subscribe to future posts!
See you soon,